Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fizzy Cider and sediment issues

Hi,

My first batch of john bull cider is ready to drink, but I have a bit of a problem.

When I open a bottle it's quite fizzy and drags up the sediment from the bottom. It's not the most palatable cider I've had either, even without the sediment, so I might end up chucking this lot. It's very dry but has a sort of sharp kick to it. Not sure what to do if anything.

Can I open the bottles and put it back into a fermenting bucket let it settle then re-bottle and use CO'2 canisters to add the fizz back in?

BTW Young's Wine Buddy Chardonnay 20ltrs of 7 day wine for £15 is the dog's danglies. Just finished our second bottle, was hoping it would last until xmas, but I doubt it.

It's worth a try. I hate chucking stuff out unless it's totally beyond saving.

Comment

If it's a disaster you could always leave it to turn into vinegar. I did that with a bad batch last year. Just chucked in a bottle of organic cider vinegar and left it in open jars with a muslin over to keep out mice, spiders, etc. Resulting product is a little cloudy but very vinegary and has been used in chutneys/pickles this year.

Comment

It may get better with age.

Where are you getting the Young's for £15? It is my fave for a quick turnaround tipple - but I have to pay £20 from Wilko's
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Got mine from Wilkinsons

Maybe they priced it wrong. I was in there today but I didn't notice any difference in the price.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X