• Show
Clear All

Hazelnut Liqueur

6 oz Hazelnuts
    1 Vanilla pod (1-2 inches)
    1 tsp Allspice
    1 1/2 c Vodka
    1/3 c Sugar Syrup

Chop the hazelnuts to release the flavor of the nut and add to vodka, vanilla bean, and allspice. Age for 2 weeks, shaking lightly occasionally. Strain and filter until clear. Add sugar syrup, if desired, and age for an additional 2 months. It's nice over ice cream or as an aperitif.
    Alternatively, try using pistachios which also make a delicious liqueur. If flavor is too weak, add more nuts and re-steep a week before adding the sugar syrup.
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Sloes around here now seem ready (some at least). Must go picking at the weekend.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

The sloes I was looking at yesterday had all passed their best and started to wrinkle up.

At least the wasps where having a field day on them, so I picked 2.3KG of blackberries.
        Last edited by WrexTheDragon; 10-09-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by growityourself View Post

as last year we missed them totally, and dont want to miss them again this year, even though we still have 10 litres distilling in the shed hehe 2 years will come in october when we will bottle that lot, and hope its nice

any thoughts??
          Last year was a bad year for sloes, you probably didn't miss them, there just wasn't many.
          It looks like a good year for them this year - the bullace trees near me which were almost empty last year are groaning with the weight of them this year. I picked a carrier bag full and barely made a dent in them

Get your bags and baskets out and get picking

Comment

sarraceniac - thank you for the recipe, I am back near the hazlenuts shortly so will collect some!

Got my wines on the go! Been offered a load of Damsons (hoping it's enough for some jam and wine!)
            Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge
              ...I was told recently that sloe Pastis was also a possibility. Will be looking into this as I have sloes all around the back garden boundary.
              Sounds similar to Pacharan:

http://www.cottagesmallholder.com/?p=489

José Antonio Garcia’s recommended recipe for Pacharan:

Ingredients:
              • 1 litre of Anisette
              • 1/4 Kg of sloes
              • Some people put some coffee beans and/or cinnamon stick into it.
              Method:
              1. Add the sloes to the Anisette and leave to seep for 6 to 8 months.
              2. After eight months remove the sloes as they will spoil the liqueur if left in too long.

Spain's Ancient Spirit: Rustic Pacharan
              Last edited by smallblueplanet; 10-09-2009, 08:55 PM.
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X