Sake making - first time lessons.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sake making - first time lessons.

I've just finished making our first ever batch of sake (japanese rice wine). It was a difficult and interesting learning experience in that it involves two sets of bacteria working at an optimum temperature range. After a night filtering a thick rice sludge the efforts have been very worthwhile. My experience and tips are covered in a little more detail here. Sake recipe making - some top tips | The Ciderhouse
    Cider, Vegetables and Sussex sustainability blogged at www.ciderhousepress.com

Just had a look Jerry. I think I'll stick with Elderflower shampagne. Half an hour for 20 litres. Seriously it really looks interesting though. Are you a bachelor by the way? I would get killed.
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

I made sake once to see what all the fuss was about..........wasn't impressed!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
        Just had a look Jerry. I think I'll stick with Elderflower shampagne. Half an hour for 20 litres. Seriously it really looks interesting though. Are you a bachelor by the way? I would get killed.
        No batchelor My wife was the one that drove me to it. We both really like the stuff. Lesson learnt though - it's a drink to be made in winter when the temp is right and there's no other stuff around. It is an acquired taste. Some people just seem to really hate the stuff.
        Cider, Vegetables and Sussex sustainability blogged at www.ciderhousepress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X