apple and rasberry?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apple and rasberry?

I have a apple and rasberry juice in my fridge and was considering making it into wine. How would I do this? i also have more juices but didnt know if its pretty standard proceedure with all of them. I have some wine yeast on its way (youngs) but was curious what is the difference between wine yeast and bread yeast and if push came to shove in the future as am pretty housebound at the moment is it usable?

Questions, question, questions. You all have so much knowledge and I am enjoying learning so much
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Any 'unsweetened' juice should be possible, but a single 1 litre pack may not be enough flavour with a blend of fruits (you may find it better to add a second litre, grape if possible, but any non-citrus juice would probably help). If you want to risk it, you need yeast nutrient, a 1kg bag of sugar and (of course) water.
    Wine yeast is definitely different from bread yeast. Basically wine yeast tends to ferment more slowly, and to a higher alcohol content, but there are also subtle flavours from the yeast (and with bread yeast these may be far from subtle).
    Bread yeast might be 'better than nothing', if it ISN'T the easy-blend type (I wouldn't risk the easy-blend yeast, even for beer, which is a lot less fussy than wine), but it really is worth making sure you have the real thing. It keeps for quite a long time.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

ok thanks for that. So most unsweetened juices will work preferably not citrus. Will 2 litres of juice and a kilo of sugar with yeast butrient and wine making yeast make a good wine or will I need anything else?
      http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X