Rowan Flowers/Blossom

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowan Flowers/Blossom

Can you make anything with these along the lines of Elderfower Cordial/Wine/Champagne, etc. There's loads around here at the moment and it would be great to be able to do something with them.

You can make Rowan Jelly with the berries but to be honest they look better than they taste. They are particularly bland. I prefer to leave them for the birds because it's not worth the effort.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I made Rowan Jelly last year for a fundraiser and it went well, an awful lot of faff for not a lot of jelly. The flowers are so plentiful it seems like such a waste. All I could find when I Googled was some spells and advice on using them to clear your crystal ball. Hmmmm.....

Comment

I would leave them and enjoy the flowers Amanda - and the berries to come. And the spetacle of the blackies kicking each other in the face to get at them.

In my last garden I had a Rowan which flowered like a cauliflower head - spectacular - with berries to match. One year 2 Amazonian parrots (yes, yes, I know) turned up and ripped the tree apart, grabbing big bunches of berries and throwing them about the place.
        I'm beginning to wish I hadn't posted this.
        I do know where the parrots came from.
        Leave the flowers Amanda and maybe you'll get the parrots. Now I know I shouldn't have posted this. I'm out of here.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X