de-gassing wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de-gassing wine

I read a thread / post about gassy wine and how to de-gas it easily, but I can't seem to find it using search. so does anyone know how to do it??
    Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
    Bob Dylan

I think <<THIS>> is what you are looking for. About the 5th post.

Shirlthegirl is our winemaking expert but I think you just need to "swirl" it around a bit - notice the technical terminology - like I know what I'm talking about

What sort are you making? We have enough Bl@@dy dandelions to supply the EU wine mountain here
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

thanks, will be swirling my DJ later, its a raspberry & pomegranate fruit tea wine, looks like it will be a rose colour,
      Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
      Bob Dylan

Comment

If there are a lot of lees in the bottom of the demi-john, siphon the wine into a clean dj first so it will fall clear more quickly after the degassing. I have a long-handled spoon which I use for all my brewing (it reaches the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket) and I use the handle of that for stirring the dj when I don't feel up to shaking the whole shebang!

If the wine is already clear, bottle it up but don't quite fill the bottles - put your thumb over the top and shake well, remove thumb and allow the gasses out. Repeat till the fizzing has died down. Top up from another degassed bottle.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

There is a piece of equipment called a degasser which fits on to the end of a drill.

It super whizzes the wine and leaves it really crisp tasting. My friend swears by it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X