X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No equipment needed

Originally posted by girl47 View Post
    Hi Guys

Any ideas for making wine without the need for equipment ( have no demijon & really wouldnt know what to do with an airlock)? but, would love to have a go at making something alcoholic ( and cheap ).

Also, when it comes to the right time of year - can I freeze & use blackberrys & other hedgerow fruits ?
    You can buy a 5 litre bottle of water from the supermarket for about a pound, you can use the water to make the wine and the bottle in place of a demijohn, for an airlock al you need is a large balloon, stick a needle in it four times and stretch it over the top that can be used until you are ready to bottle your wine. Bottles can be obtained quite easily from most local pubs and the corks can be bought on amazon for a couple of pounds.
    Good luck and hope this helps.

Comment

The 5lt water bottle is what I use for small batches, best bet is to always have 1lt grape juice to 1lt of other fruit juice and 800-900g sugar in a 5lt mix along with pectolase, nutrient and tartaric acid all at 1tsp with a 5g sachet of appropriate yeast.
      more here
      Home Wine and Beer Making Forum - General Category
      Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Also have a look on Freecycle. I picked up seven glass demijohns for free a couple of weeks ago. I've bought bungs and airlocks, but I'll keep reusing them indefinitely on batch after batch and they were just a couple of pounds for a set. I got two sets (ie two airlocks, each with a bung - you use one bung + airlock per demijohn), now I've got them both in use, and I'll buy another set of two next week as I have plans for the next wine I'd like to make. Things like yeast, nutrient etc will last quite a while, so the outlay really doesn't need to be great.
        Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X