Melon Liqueur or Cordial???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melon Liqueur or Cordial???

Have a huge glut of watermelon & rockmelon (we're in NZ and having a fantastic summer for growing - huge gluts of everything right now!) and while we are pigging out along with all our neighbours, friends and family, we're still not keeping up (some of the watermelons are weighing in at over 10kgs!!). The sheep are getting quite a few as well. So thought I's see if anyone had a not too complex recipe for a melon liqueur or cordial (something along the lines of steep your melon in 1 litre of vodka for x days, then drink would suit me just fine!)
    Thanks for any help!

Well putting our collective jealousy apart, chokake, on your glut of melons, the only liqueur that springs to mind is Midori, on which I was spectacularly overly intoxicated upon in my extreme youth!

So I can't help you there (damn me - they are feeding melons to the sheep !!)

Oh - welcome to the vine!
    Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 19-02-2009, 02:05 AM.

Comment

you could try putting a layer of coarsely chopped melon in a big jar, adding a very little sugar, pour over plenty of vodka, cover to keep air out, leave a couple of weeks, see what you've got. At worst, you will have some slightly diluted, and slightly sweetened, vodka, which should still be drinkable (if only in mixed-up drinks) even if it hasn't picked up any melon flavour. If it seems 'OK but a bit low in flavour' repeat, but give it longer.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X