Love Potion Recipe required

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Potion Recipe required

My neighbour is a member of the local WRI. For the next meeting the competition is a 'Love Potion'.

Any suggestions or ideas/recipes on what she can enter (it's supposed to be a drink).

I have some Elderflower Champagne left over from last year but it's so strong it would be more likely to knock them out than get them in the mood.

The local Bobby is judging.

Use the elderflower chanpagne to make a variant on 'bucks fizz'. The most exotic 'fruitjuice' you can find, plus elderflower chanpagne, should make a wonderful potion! (when in Spain I sometimes drink a concoction of peach juice and Cava, pity you can't get peach juice around here)
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Like the sound of that Hilary. I'm sure I've seen peach juice/nectar in some of the supermarkets. It might be nice with mango juice?

I'll ask her to pop over and we can try some of the fruit juice/elderflower champagne concoctions. I'll let you know what tastes best.

Comment

You can sometimes find peach 'nectar', but that includes some sugar. In the supermarkets in Spain we get peach-and-grape juice (or sometimes peach-and-apple, depending on the 'make'). On the other hand, you don't see grapefruit juice....
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Mead has long been considered an aphrodisiac. It would be given to a newly married couple. Hence the term Honeymoon.
          It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Lots of good ideas here, thank you. Hmmm... I feel a tasting session is called for.

Comment

How's about this then.......

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ong_15589.html
              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X