Fruit press

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit press

I’ve been really lucky in getting a fruit press free of charge. Until recently (as in before covid)I was able to get my fruit pressed locally. The shop has now closed. I spotted this press in a local shop being used as a shop window dressing. I went in and asked if I could buy it, left my number, and waited. The lady who runs the shop rang me and gave me the press free of charge. It’s missing the instructions and the rod that turns it. This is no problem. I really have only a very few things to press in the autumn which is why I haven’t bought a press before. Now I’m thinking the very kind shopkeeper and I could make a little profit out of this. I had to pay for pressing, not a lot, but it’s a lot easier than the upside down chair and twist method. My problem is how much to charge. I don’t want to put people off but it’s still time consuming and takes effort. I’ve tried googling this but I’m not getting the answer to my question. I can’t actually remember how much I was charged and on what basis. I was required to bring the fruit in a bucket with a lid that the liquid would end up in and a container for the rest that was my responsibility to dispose of.

So my question is, does anyone else on this forum get their fruit pressed for them and how much are they charged?
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

I just had a look online,one place said if pressing into own containers £1.20 per litre,there’s probably a lot of places online to compare prices & see what else they do.

Comment

Last year we took our apples to a press where we washed, pressed, sterilised and bottled our own. Including the bottles it worked out at 1.20€ per litre bottle.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks both of you. This gives me a figure to start negotiations with.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X