Wife avoidance ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post
    Oh Two Sheds, just been reading the other thread about the cat pee smell. Sounds like a rather large glass of port is in order this evening. I didn't intend to have a drink tonight, but I feel it would be unfriendly to leave a fellow gardener in such dire straits - rest assured I will do my best! Cheers
    Cat-pee smell? I missed that one, anyone provide a link please? As wife/assistant to a house surveyor, I react to that one, because SOMETIMES that smell means dry-rot!
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

and sometimes an incontinent cat.....
      Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Originally posted by Stacey Steve View Post
        Even without an allotment, a man needs at least a shed to escape to.
        So does a woman, especially when she has four children and eight and a bit grandchildren

Comment

Jings Rustylady, so glad you're talking about a shed to escape to
          On first reading I thought we were talking about cat pee smell

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

So I need to buy His Lordship a shed then Have to be a bladdy big'un as he's 6'5", do you reckon I could lose him in one then???????????????
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

No he will lose himself in a shed!

I grew up with sheds. As a kid in the 50's in East London our playgrounds were bomb sites, which could be quite dangerous (I know, I fell through into a cellar and was in there for hours till my family found me) but we (elder brother and cousins) used to play in my uncle's shed. It was a submarine, bomber, cowboy bunkhouse etc, so sheds have always been special to me.

When my Dad retired, he was so conditioned to going to work that he used to get up of a morning, kiss Mum goodbye and go off to work in his shed and garden. Come home for lunch and then go off again to knocking off time.

I did not get a shed of my own till I was 35 and moved here to Milton Keynes and it has rejuvenated me. Now though I have no "playmates" as such down the allotments and in any case they also have their own sheds but it has become a bit of a "sanity cell" for me.

If he is that tall, then don't look at sheds as they have a low ceiling height but buy him a workshop, same thing but higher generally.
              I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Its an escape....also an escape for Mrs Nog...he he
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  I wish I had a shed to escape to ~ it's still flat packed at the mo.
                  I just got in from collecting it, heaving it over the plot,
                  couldn't get my bike in, and then he'd sat himself down with the paper ...
                  Two sheds did you cycle with the flat packed shed on your bike lol
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

i love 'escaping' to my shed, all mod cons lol..........
                    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

i love the shed scene, ive got to know more about my dad's rather colourful past while having a brew with the old timers than he would ever admitted to me in person!!
                      as for utilitys we have gas cooker(calor) ive installed 12v lighting from photo electric cells/battery, running water, wood burning stove and settee!

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                        So does a woman, especially when she has four children and eight and a bit grandchildren
                        Yep, I'm a Mum with a shed with camping gas stove etc The first thing I put in my shed was a corkscrew I'about to paint it yellow with a white door. On our site every shed is a different colour.

I've got a deck chair in the polytunnel

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X