Wife avoidance ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife avoidance ?

I have always had a veg plot over my 50 or so years.
    When I was about 20 I used to have an allotment and enjoyed it. Once married I didn't have time but maintained a back garden plot.
    However when I had the allotment I noticed that the old timers basically lived on their plots.
    They would turn up at sunrise and not leave until sunset, only going home to sleep.
    The sheds were like palaces, full three piece suites, cookers, electric lights and wind chargers. They had even tapped into the water trough feed pipe and had running water. Even more interesting were the shelves full of stangely bubbling liquids of varying forms.
    I suspect it was all a means of escaping the wife with the added advantage of a built in pub.
    Sounds much more acceptable "Just going down to the allotment dear" as opposed to "Off to the pub dear"
    Is it still the same ?
    Regards
    Jim
    Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Yes.........
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Utopia........ ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
        Utopia........ ?

Not speaking from personal experiences one must understand cos I would never do a thing like that! (where's that lengthening nose smilie gone?)
        but...............yes, one of the first things a seasoned allotment campaigner seems to build on our site is a whopping great, south facing hut with a balcony!
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Even without an allotment, a man needs at least a shed to escape to.

There was an old TV comedy program set in either a shed or greenhouse, where one guy had a busted armchair, a couple of other chairs an a wine box of sherry, where various friends used to drop in but never the wife.

Garages also used to fulfil this criteria before cars got so damn complex and garages started being used as a dumping ground as opposed to a place to put a car.
          I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Speaking as the female gardener in the household, I'd agree! I escape up to the bottom of the garden and my veggies whenever I can. OH doesn't seem to have any problems with that....hmmmmmm....win, win situation then!
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

And take he shed home too?
              YouTube - Motorised Garden Shed
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

I wish I had a shed to escape to ~ it's still flat packed at the mo.
                I just got in from collecting it, heaving it over the plot, got home for a cuppa...
                while I'd been gone, Hubby has left opened post, toast crumbs, milk, teabags, plates, blah blah all over the darn kitchen, instead of putting them WHERE THEY BELONG, ie rubbish in the BIN PLEASE, milk IN THE FRIDGE PLEASE, dirty laundry IN THE MACHINE PLEASE.
                *pulls own hair out while trying to remain calm*

he'd also left his tool box and new BBQ right in the doorway of the garage so I couldn't get my bike in, and then he'd sat himself down with the paper ...
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Oh Two Sheds, just been reading the other thread about the cat pee smell. Sounds like a rather large glass of port is in order this evening. I didn't intend to have a drink tonight, but I feel it would be unfriendly to leave a fellow gardener in such dire straits - rest assured I will do my best! Cheers
                  Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                  So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    I just got in from collecting it, heaving it over the plot, got home for a cuppa...
                    while I'd been gone, Hubby has left opened post, toast crumbs, milk, teabags, plates, blah blah all over the darn kitchen, instead of putting them WHERE THEY BELONG, ie rubbish in the BIN PLEASE, milk IN THE FRIDGE PLEASE, dirty laundry IN THE MACHINE PLEASE.

he'd also left his tool box and new BBQ right in the doorway of the garage so I couldn't get my bike in, and then he'd sat himself down with the paper ...
                    He's maybe went to hide in someone's shed! cannot imagine why?

Diversify & prosper

Comment

What's the wackyest thing in a shed
                      Fridge
                      TV
                      Water Bed
                      Any suggestions ??

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                        What's the wackyest thing in a shed
                        Fridge
                        TV
                        Water Bed
                        Any suggestions ??
                        Adams fireplace?

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I haven't got a wife but if I had I'm sure I'd be too much of a gentleman to want to avoid her.

I think?
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

Two_Sheds, can I have Mr Shortie back now please?

On second thoughts... keep him there for a bit longer... you can have the socks stuffed down the side of the sofa instead of me
                            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

the trouble with two sheds

The problem is, that when you arrived at home to this inconsiderate mess, you cleared it up. While OH watched the box or read the paper.
                              That is not education !!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X