demijons

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demijons

Hi, does anybody know an alternative for chempro for cleaning/sterilizing really dirty demijons that I have been given.
    thanks

miltons sterilizing fluid, usually used for baby bottles is a good cheap alternative
    Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
    Bob Dylan

Comment

I find a handful of small ballbearings with some washing up liquid and a bit of hot water and a darned good shake, loosens most of the gubbins that gets left in the dj's. Then I rinse well and sterilise with Milton.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

a tip i use, which was for cleaning crystal but it worked a treat on a really dirty windscreen water bottle, uncooked dried rice in COLD water & then just shake as hard as you can, it really worked
        Last edited by Hans Mum; 14-02-2008, 03:46 PM.
        The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

I would go with most of the above - you need to clean before you can sterilise. Pour in hot water, a touch of washing up liquid, and something hard that you can shake around to dislodge the deposits. Trouble with demijohns is that they are too big to use a bottle brush on, so go with small pebbles (pea shingle). Once you have got the surface muck off you can then sterilise. For further use, please clean them as they get emptied - it's much easier than having to deal with dried on muck.

Comment

You can use household bleach but rinse REALLY WELL with cold boiled water afterwards.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Many thanks for all your help

Comment

We use 'VWP' which we get from Art of Brewing online shop as Chempro isn't available anymore.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X