X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's hardly vintage, but....

...It's my first go at it!

So here's a glass wot I brewed earlier!

I know that it's only from a Wilko cheapo kit, but it's clear, it tastes ok, and it is definately alcofrolic.....

Attached Files

Well done Hazel, which kit did you do? I am enjoying a Young's Chardonnay 7 day kit as I type
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

How long did it take to 'brew'..?
      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Might have to have a go! Looks good!
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

A friend got her own still for christmas, cant wait to try some of the fruits of her labours when I next visit
          Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
          Bob Dylan

Comment

It's the Young's 7 day cab sauv, Shirl - this is all in the build up to making parsnip wine with my European Parsnip Mountain.

I've 3 demijohns from the charity shop for 50p each (hurrah!) and I've bought various pots of yeast/nutrient/steriliser and stuff, and I might have a proper go this weekend.

Don't know what to strain the (gently!) cooked parsnips through - where do you buy muslin, or can I use a T shirt or something???

Comment

Well done Hazel. I've never managed it myself. Gave it a go once, and threw the whole lot out. I used to have a neighbour who made all his own wines - not from kits. Only problem with it was the alcohol content. I could could come out of there at 11am with stars in my eyes and my baby in her pram. Wish I lived next door to him now.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Well done!!
                I had my first go at wine-making last year with elderberries (it's usually the OH's dept, as I don't drink really) and I followed a recipe from one of his books. So chuffed when he was bottling it, & he got a monk on coz it tastes better than his

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                  It's the Young's 7 day cab sauv, Shirl - this is all in the build up to making parsnip wine with my European Parsnip Mountain.

I've 3 demijohns from the charity shop for 50p each (hurrah!) and I've bought various pots of yeast/nutrient/steriliser and stuff, and I might have a proper go this weekend.

Don't know what to strain the (gently!) cooked parsnips through - where do you buy muslin, or can I use a T shirt or something???
                  If you have a fine kitchen seive it should do the trick Hazel
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

You can strain through an old pair of tights or a stocking, as long as you sterilise em first!

Comment

Hazel straining !!

You can use net curtain material or they have a plastic net at the local garden centre in various mesh sizes. The mosquito/insect one would be good

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                        I don't, but I will have by the wekend! Thanks, Shirl!

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                          Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                          You can strain through an old pair of tights or a stocking, as long as you sterilise em first!
                          Originally posted by Brewer-again View Post
                          You can use net curtain material or they have a plastic net at the local garden centre in various mesh sizes. The mosquito/insect one would be good
                          Oh! Spoilt for choice now.

Have to think about this!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                            And take them off!
                            To see a world in a grain of sand
                            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Wow Hazel, that looks great, well done you.

Now then....
                              how can you get a bottle across here for me to have a taste (purely for quality control you understand) .
                              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X