lemonade

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lemonade

how do you stop lemonade losing its fizz.
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

You can get 'fizz keeper' thingys. Some here: Amazon.co.uk: Fizz Keeper - Pack of 4: Kitchen & Home but I'm sure Wilko or somewhere like that would do them too.
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Comment

If it's in one of those plastic bottles, then squeeze out most of the air and tighten the cap.

Comment

I've found those fizz saver doofers a bit hit and miss, so now I buy a 6 pack of lemonade bottles - just under a quid at Sains - which you can use up in one go.

Comment

I find that the more expensive lemonade lasts longer - say, the one used by a "secret lemonade drinker" but, good idea Hazel. Better to spend a bit more on smaller bottles that last longer than throw away flat lemonade.
          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

it's never around our house long enough for that to be a problem... so my solution i would have to say is drink it!

However i have found that Cloudy Lemonade keeps it's fizz the longest when we do have it!
            Cyanara

Comment

We no longer buy 2l bottles of any kind of fizzy pop on a regular basis - only when expecting lots of visitors or events like Christmas. Instead we buy a tray of 330ml cans for regular drinking, and the baby mixer cans for mixing (cos I usually only have 1, if having 2, will go a large can!!).

Tis slightly more expensive, but we don't drink a huge amount of fizz, and it means we have nicely fizzy fizz when we want it, fits in the fridge well so it's cold on demand, but a half full and flat bottle is not clogging the door for weeks on end (and the toddler is less likely to ask for it as often if she only sees cans the odd time rather than the bottle every time the door opens).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X