Vine Homebrew Club

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
    Trying out the Mild beer fermenting tonight with Bulgarian Carrot. will just put in 6 or so. Sanitise bt pouring boiling water over them 1st. Not to point of cooking.

Change of plan

2 x Bulgarian Carrot
    2 x Golden Cayenne
    3 x Ring of Fire MX

Will spice it up with Thumb of Ginger and Dry Hop it Next Week with Cascade

in Keg - Sundew-
    Today
    Racked Wine
    Bottled - Winter Warmer - condition 4 weeks
    Fermenter 1 - Yorkshire Bitter. (Session Ale)
    Fermenter 2 - 1/2 Mild - Brewed Short - 16 Pints -
    Baby Fermenter - 1/2 Mild -(Chilli - Winter Experiment) - Brewed Short - 16 Pints
    conditioning - Apple Wine
    Perhaps too much chilli pods.
    21/10/18
    Bottled it up into 2l fizzy water bottles. So will just see how it matures.
    On a positive note, it was only half a can of Mild, so not such a great loss & I still have half a can on Mild

See Woodforde's on sale at Wilco and they have dropped Sundew
    Last edited by 4Shoes; 21-10-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

i bottled my chocmister the other day ,it took 2 weeks to finish fermenting but it tasted nice while i was racking it ,ill leave it till christmas to drink it
      The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
        i bottled my chocmister the other day ,it took 2 weeks to finish fermenting but it tasted nice while i was racking it ,ill leave it till christmas to drink it
        Good on you. Know the feeling. I dropped the immersion heater (cracked the glass), so has been slow fermentation here too. Still looking for a 600mm wide fridge to convert to fermentation cabinet

Comment

i use a heater strap https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk...ater-Belt.html and a big towel to help if the temps drop to low ,might be cheaper than a fridge
          The Dude abides.

Comment

i use a heater strap https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk...ater-Belt.html and a big towel to help if the temps drop to low ,might be cheaper than a fridge
            It would be kitchen refresh / working job. I had one, only to find it had an ice box. not tall enough for fermenter.

Essentially you get an old fridge (because it is insulated to get stable temperature). Put in a heater and control it with ITC1000. if cold, put on heater. If too hot (summer time), put on fridge.

I was using a fish tank immersion

Comment

i tried one of my chocmister on friday , its about 1 month in the bottles ,tasted good altho i didnt get much choc flavour , had good carbonation,was nice and clear, no "homebrew" smell of taste ,im hoping it will get better over the next few weeks
              The Dude abides.

Comment

i tried one of my chocmister on friday , its about 1 month in the bottles ,tasted good altho i didnt get much choc flavour , had good carbonation,was nice and clear, no "homebrew" smell of taste ,im hoping it will get better over the next few weeks
                Thin end of wedge... you might get a taste for it and finish it by Christmas

Comment

yes i went up the plot today to do some work and fancy`d a beer when i got home ,havent given in and open`d one yet .....
                  The Dude abides.

Comment

i think i messed up , i made a light ale wilko kit with a spray malt ,it fermented in the fv for 5 days and the got a hydrometer reading of 1018 and got confussed and bottled it ,i should have waited till it got to 1008 till i bottled it , will it get better if i leave it for a few more months or should i just cut my losses dump it out and start again ? any thoughts ? cheers
                    The Dude abides.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X