No announcement yet.

New Beds Conundrum

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a shame. Let's hope the new occupiers liked it and addressed it correctly (eg. 9 not 6). Hehe
    While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post
      Would peelings etc not be attractive to Mr Rat?
      I don't think they like greens, no. They love poultry food, and "mostly prefer grain, livestock feed, and meat"

Article Source: What Do Rats Eat?

I had them on my plot, once. They were living under my shed eating my sweetcorn (when I found out, I stuffed scrunched chicken wire in the gaps)
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thank you two_sheds. I can show that to the boss and hopefully I will be permitted to lasagna unimpeded.
        While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon Gold View Post
          As long as the manure is well rotted, you can plant straight into it. No-dig would be the least back breaking option if you have easy access to manure, compost and cardboard for raised beds. If your plot is very weedy then it is worth going slow and covering, as recommended by Dowding, for 6-12 months (12 months is for killing off / weakening particularly pernicious weeds). I have lots of couch grass at my allotment so I have some beds I am planting straight away and some that I am going to cover for longer. Perhaps you could do a mix.
          Thanks Carbon,
          Very interesting. Do you use the well rotted manure directly on top of the grass, or is it advisable to put cardboard in between?
          Also how thick should the rotted manure be to plant in?
          Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdel View Post
            Do you use the well rotted manure directly on top of the grass, or is it advisable to put cardboard in between?
            Also how thick should the rotted manure be to plant in?
            Put wet cardboard on top of the grass, then use WRM or soil, or garden compost, or molehill soil, as much as you've got, to hold it down
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thank you very much again, two sheds!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X