Tasteless, sugarless, fatless.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasteless, sugarless, fatless.

After our evening meal I really wanted a sweet rich treat. I opened a packet of chocolate digestives. Not sweet enough. Not rich enough. If common sense hadn't prevailed I'd have eaten the whole packet and then looked for something else. Normally a thin slice of my homemade fridge cake would have done the trick (but a visitor finished it off). Very sweet, very rich, but very little needed. Surely it is better to sell really rich, sweet goodies in small portions than the tasteless crap that seems to be generaly available. I am still not satisfied and on the hunt for my "fix".
    Suggestions?

I agree.. I would rather have less of something better quality. You can also find some little cakes that are half the size of the palm of my hand and thin as anything and it still has a gazillion calories in it. I bake myself now - its very rare I buy cakes or sweets
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
      I agree.. I would rather have less of something better quality. You can also find some little cakes that are half the size of the palm of my hand and thin as anything and it still has a gazillion calories in it.
      A cake of chocolate is half the size of my hand
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I love to snack on Jaffa cakes.

Comment

A handful of nuts and raisins with one or two squares of 70% cocoa dark chocolate does it for me instead of bought cakes or biscuits
          All at once I hear your voice
          And time just slips away
          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

It would seem that low fat and low sugar is the way most things are going, healthy eating, so you will have to make your own it would seem in the future.

Comment

Ginger snaps. Great taste, great texture. Though they are a bit moreish...

Comment

Dried apricots are lovely to snack on.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I've not got a sweet tooth generally. Just occasionally I want a really rich, sweet treat. Normally I'd rather snack on cheese and olives.

Comment

I would choose cheese and olives but I'm trying to cut that out! I've never been a biscuit/chocolate fan. I find a cup of coffee made with hot milk sweet enough if I'm craving something sugary. I usually take my coffee black so that does the trick for me.

Comment

I would go for a piece in butter and jam, or a piece in cheese and blackcurrant jam
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I hate chocolate digestives (taste like painted cardboard) but I lurve chocolate hobnobs.
                        Lump of cheese, bag of peanuts, jam sarnie, dog biscuits........anything but chocolate digestives!

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                          I would go for a piece in butter and jam, or a piece in cheese and blackcurrant jam
                          Well, I looked up 'piece' to see what I might find. Leaving aside the vulgar definition recorded in Merriam Webster, I discovered it means a 'sandwich' in Scottish English, according to the Cambridge dictionary. So, a sandwich in butter and jam...? Isn't that a bit extravagant? A sandwich with filling on the inside and then more on the outside? I'm also having difficulty envisaging how cheese stays stuck to the outside, unless the blackcurrant jam is like glue.

Or is there some other definition I haven't found?

Comment

Mr Kipling French Fancies would be my tip. Can't think of anything commercially available that's sweeter (other than pure sugar). I tried the new After Dinner Mint variant recently; very minty and rich, and overall quite nice I thought, plus it had exactly the same aftertaste as it's namesake chocolate, so they nailed that.

When all else fails might I suggest a jar of peanut butter and a spoon (not the healthy 'just peanuts' kind)

Comment

Don't like most shop bought biscuits and cakes, they are made out of pretend ingredients and don't taste nice. For an instant hit, Rocky Road does it! Easy to make too, don't even have to bake it, and if you use very dark chocolate and dried fruit it's almost healthy!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X