Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowed Leeks almost a month ago though still no signs of life

Hi everyone,

I sowed 75 leek seeds on the 24th of Feb, they were sowed in seed trays in a greehouse and have remained there since, though not one appears to have germinated as of yet.

Can anyone please advise if this is normal or not? Its 29 days and counting.

Thanks,
    Andrew

It may be a bit cold for them to germinate. I got mine going pretty quickly in the conservatory and then moved them out to the greenhouse where they are growing nicely.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I might try the same then. I have a south facing conservatory.

Comment

Reckon it might be too cold. I haven't sowed mine yet - I've tried earlier ones before and they've struggled to germinate.
        Real Men Sow - a cheery allotment blog.

Comment

I think early-sown are more inclined to bolt too (no trial tests done though ...), and we only like to eat them as a Winter veg, not a late-Summer one, so I sow later (about now in fact)
          K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

I've just come home and checked the greenhouse and 15 of them have now come up. Fancy that....

Comment

Originally posted by firefly View Post
              I've just come home and checked the greenhouse and 15 of them have now come up. Fancy that....
              Glad of that for you. Just when they think you're not looking ......
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X