Carrots in Orange Juice ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrots in Orange Juice ?

I have heard of this but neer tried it. Is it tasty and would it go well with my friday night sausage and mash ?
    Any recipes are welcome and I will hopefully give it a bash and then it will be on my Blog later,

Thanks

James
    The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

I have had these, HB likes to do them when she does her roast chicken which she cooks with orange and lemon stuffed inside, keeps the meat nice and moist.
    Not sure I would have them with bangers as it does give them a sweet taste

Comment

Had them cooked in Lemonade at Crimbo. Tasty, but nothing to go mad about. Like most things, I guess it depends on the taste and quality of the Carrots in the first place.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I'm with ailsasyl on this, the orange and carrot is a sweet combination and I really cannot see it with sausages. Pork chops maybe, deffo smoked mackerel and chicken but bangers
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I reckon you can't beat those tinned big marrowfat peas with sausage and mash. One of nature's plebs, me!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I love marrowfat peas but His Lordship doesn't
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay giant View Post
              I have heard of this but neer tried it. Is it tasty and would it go well with my friday night sausage and mash ?
              Any recipes are welcome and I will hopefully give it a bash and then it will be on my Blog later,

Thanks

James
              I did these at the weekend with our roast chicken dinner. I put in enough juice to just cover the carrots, add a pinch of sugar, salt and a knob of butter and boil (without a lid on) the orange juice away til it starts to turn to caramel. have to keep an eye on the pan or you'll burn it. I used Chantenay carrots cut in half lengthways. If using big carrots cut slices on the diagonal for a change.

You could try apple juice instead of orange as pork and apple go well together. Maybe add a bit of mustard as well to perk them up a bit

"... I went from adolescence to senility, trying to bypass maturity ..." - Tom Lehrer
              Earth Wind and Fire

Comment

I tried them and didn't like them one bit, just put them in the bin. Ruined the taste of the orange juice and the carrots. I cooked them well before the rest of the meal and glad I didn't put them with my sausage and mash.
                The carrots themselves weren't great so I will try it again when my own carrots have grown and also with a lighter meal.
                Thanks for the advice everyone , you really know your stuff !

James
                The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                  I reckon you can't beat those tinned big marrowfat peas with sausage and mash. One of nature's plebs, me!
                  Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                  I love marrowfat peas but His Lordship doesn't
                  I fail to see how anyone cannot like marrowfat peas but then that's just me.....

BTW - The missus doesn't like them either......

Comment

I grow my carrots in sand..................
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

try a little (and i mean tiny amount ) of cumin in with carrots , i find that quite nice!
                      totally mad on growing veg and keeping bantams!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X