Should i feed my carrots?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i feed my carrots?

I Have a couple of rows of carrots planted in a large window box which i made,they have been in about 5 weeks now and are looking realy good,what a wanted to know was do i need to feed them as they are planted in a good multipurpose compost only?
    This is my first go at growing veg and they are all looking good so far and i would like them to stay that way
    The only feed i have at home is Tomorite but i`m not sure if i should be using that on carrots.

pic attached
    Attached Files

No, you shouldn't feed carrots.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Tomorite is for fruiting crops: tomatoes, chillies, pumpkins etc. It's high in potash (so is comfrey tea, which is the homemade version)
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I can tell by looking at them that they are healthy and if you were to feed them you could finish up with all tops and no bottoms.
        Your biggest problem will be keeping the compost moist and if the sun gets on the box side you may finish up with cooked carrots!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks Two sheds, i wont feed them,i just thought that compost lost all its nutrients after about 5 weeks or so...

Snadger i`m afraid they are south facing so they will be getting lots of sun!!
          i`ll just have to wait and see what happens to these ones.
          Last edited by Tom Goode; 30-05-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X