No announcement yet.

Pesky kids smashed up all my pumpkins!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pesky kids smashed up all my pumpkins!

How annoying, I just got back from the allotment, and someone has broken all my pumpkins and winter squashes. I'm really fed up because I've been getting excited over several that were set nicely, and getting bigger. I was particularly proud of my blue hubbard and now it is a mess.
    I think I preferred it when I was just fighting the slugs and pigeons. How can some people be so destructive and disrespectful!

Do you know it was kids or are you just blaming them without evidence? Terrible news about your squashes but it could have been anybody.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Jealousy, pure jealousy by the sounds of it and what a shame, it's heartbreaking when you put a lot of time into growing things, just for some **** bag to come along and trash it, i agree with you, more than likely kid's, i know there not all bad, but that dosn't help the fact that someone has destroyed your plant's, chin up sweet heart, plus a ((((((((((Big Hug)))))))))). xx

Comment

No, you're right, I don't know for sure that it was kids or teenagers, I just think it's more likely. I know they're not all bad, I've got 2 good ones myself! They were a bit tearful when they saw all the damage too.

Comment

Idiots, regardless of age.

Sorry to hear.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Last year my gaint pumpkin and a few fellow allotmentee's who have plots near the road, all had our pumpkins and squashes used as footballs late one night. Evidence of pumpkin all along the road and also someone who lives opposite said they heard and shouted at them at around 1am. Likely that alcohol was involved prior to their walk home and past the allotments.

Obviously disheartening, but I decided to view vandals as just another pest to deal with on the plot. Unfortunately vandals and blight is just something that may happen, so I didn't grow a large pumpkin or grow toms this year. Managed to get away with some potatoes, although many of them are a little scabby.

Sounds like it was an upsetting time for you, but maybe you can still cook some of pumpkin and squashes?

Comment

Originally posted by Dottie View Post
              ...I decided to view vandals as just another pest to deal with on the plot.
              Shame B&Q don't do a spray for them!

It'd be nice to think that it no adult could be petty enough to do it so I'd be inclined to think kids as well, but it's not unheard of.
              Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
              Snadger - Director of Poetry
              RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
              Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
              Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
              piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

when I had my Worthing allotment, some kids stole all the pumpkins on site, wheeled them off in a (nicked) wheelbarrow, then threw them off the railway bridge onto the track.

Idiots
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Pesky kids smashed up all my pumpkins.

I really feel for you. Theft and/or vandalism is really heartbreaking when you are on the receiving end. Some grapes may remember that I had my garden wall pushed down 3 times(3 different bits of it) smashing my cold frame, then my mini green house, and last time, my walk in plastic greenhouse. It's more than just the damage, it's a worry about lost food, (as in your case) and the sheer physical cost of replacing it. On the up side, this is when I found out what a lot of lovely grapes there are on this vine. Keep your pecker up Dottie,there's plenty of support for you here. They helped me a great deal.
                  There's pleasure sure in being mad that only madmen know - Anon

Comment

Sorry to hear that indigox,unfortunately this world is full of idiots wasting your time,dreams and hopes.Hope you won't give up

Comment

Yup that sucks Indigox, all that hard work wasted for someones petty mindless "enjoyment."
                      Hopefully some of your other stuff survived, and I must commend you on your restraint. I wouldnt having been using the work "pesky" had that happened to me, family website or not.
                      Bob Leponge
                      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

sorry to hear! I'm inclined to think that with kids it's lack of thought/respect and adults it's pettiness/ jealousy! Whoever id it, it's frustrating and annoying! Pity you couldn't rig a cattle prod to zap intruders...
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X