No announcement yet.

Pigeon poo!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I corrected my initial post saying it was only alkaline, having checked the exact nature of pigeon poo on another site. It seems that the ph can vary enormously. Why would you want to add this stuff on directly? The best time to do that would be in the autumn on a plot where nothing is currently growing as by the spring it would have broken down in the soil and no longer represent any danger to foliage. Depending on how acid or alkaline your soil is, you can add lime or compost accordingly having measured the ph, and depending what kind of plants you are growing of course.

Comment

When I mentioned finished product that was meant as when it had been in the bin for 10-12 months! See previous posts!
      In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
        Sorry to dig this one up

Just been offered a bag of pigeon poo from next door as he keeps a small number of birds.

So I was thinking if I take it and add it to the compost heap and leave that heap for 10-12 months will that be safe to use and will it harm the heap or vegetables that I grow at all don't want to accept it if it will later bring me problems

Thanks guys
        composted for a year it should be fine especially if mixed with your other materials in your compost heap. Bear in mind though that there will be a high probability of weeds growing from uneaten pigeon food if your compost heap doesn't get to a heat high enough to destroy the viability of the seeds

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X