No announcement yet.

'Wildlife in crisis' in frozen UK

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've got our little guys well catered for! Lots of peanuts, niger seeds, sunflowers, sultanas and mixed millet type stuff. Plus the robins always help themselves to whatever the hens are having. I saw a sparrowhawk for the first time today. He missed the fat little blue tit he was after but I couldn't help feeling sorry for the poor chap. He looked hungry. Plus I bet his poor legs and feet were cold. Will put out the mouse I found in the greenhouse (killed with designated Death Brick).
    The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

Feeding the birds.

Aw you guys {Group Hug}.

I spent just over £20 on feed today, stocking up on all types.
      Peanuts, Hanging Feeder mix, ground mix, Niger, sunflower seeds, suet treats. Also Sultanas, brown bread also recommended to me by RSPB forum user, Tesco Scones.!

Got sunflower seeds, and feed the squirrels separately to keep them off the bird feeders.!

Chopped apples bring in some real unusual birds as well. Field Fares every day now.

Also fresh water needed.

Water for Birds.... use the plastic tubs from takeaways and simply fill with water and put out daily bringing the old frozen one in.
      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I feed the birds here all the year round too. The hanging feeder is right outside my kitchen window and as long as I don't move too fast, the birds aren't at all bothered. I seem to spend a fortune on bird food (but I don't mind at all - they give me so much pleasure). They get peanuts; niger seed (for goldfinch and siskin);fat balls; mixed general seed and Wilkinsons Robin food; black sunflower seeds and sunflower hearts. If I have any stale cake or bits of pastry or bacon bits they get that as well.

There's also a ground feeder and a flat fat block which I fix on the top of a fence post. There's always a lot of squabbling over that

Every morning if I'm not up already, I have 8 blackbirds under my bedroom window (live in a bungalow) making a big racket until I do get up and put more food out!
        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X