Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

£5 voucher with new Marshalls catalogue.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got one too was thinking about seed potatoes as there expensive so the £5 will be great discount
    In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Cheers for this I just ordered some chicory and scorzonera and it came to 85p. Plus with free beans too, can't grumble. I could only see a £3 voucher, but the code worked fine.
      http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

Mines a different code to yours VC.

Potty
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
          Mines a different code to yours VC.

Potty
          I'm so pleased I'd hate to think that we were all the same

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
            I'm really miffed. My "£5 voucher" is a £3 voucher.
            And mine! So I won't even think about spending it (honest). I really don't need any more seeds having gone mad with herbs yesterday at Midland Seeds anyway. [/URL]SO cheap and sqillions of seeds and PayPal.

Originally posted by Moopmoop View Post
            A lot of companies can't accept Electron payments, we used to have the same problem at work. Our PDQ terminal would not let us key payments into the machine, it was fine if you swiped the card or used chip and pin but it would not accept keyed entry. Maybe that is why, not that i'm defending them, I understand your point.
            I take your point but they could have explained better. Id someone takes the trouble to phone or e-mail. I don't use credit cards either.
            Last edited by marchogaeth; 04-01-2013, 05:40 PM.
            "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Arrived today and mine is a £3 voucher too

Comment

I fished mine out of the recycling bin, and the small print on the voucher says that you have to spend the exact amount of the voucher or more, but NOT less. So I've just tried my damndest to get the total to exactly £5 but it's impossible. I can get £4.95 or £5.10. So I can't use it because I can't pay the 10p... Back in the bin it goes!

Comment

Yer never know Sarz,there might be someone from Marshall's reads this thread & acts on your comments,I reckon most seed companies regularly scan gardening forums.
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Given what BB says ^^^^ and you being a Mod, Sarz, perhaps you should change the thread title to "Problems with using Marshall's vouchers"

Comment

got my £5 voucher today, think might get some of the lemon thyme and french tarragon
                      If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Marcus Tullius Cicero

my memories of my garden http://lisamcflisagarden.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

For SarzWix - It is worth noting most of the UK banks have started to phase out Visa Electron and are replacing it with Visa Debit with a "all authorisation" mode enabled (basically it goes and checks you have the funds available in a similar way to Electron). Can still cause issues with some places where it isn't able to connect to the bank (on trains for example) but they are better than Electrons

I think the only major bank still actively using Electron is HBOS, however since they are now part of Lloyds Banking Group I suspect that will change sooner or later (or may have already done).

Might be worth a quick call to your bank's card services and ask them if they still issue Electrons or are they being replaced with Visa Debit cards.

Edit:- Also worth noting that a number of places recognise the electron card as a Visa Debit already, worth putting it in as a Visa Debit and seeing what happens!
                        Last edited by MartinRSharpe; 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kathycam View Post
                          Cheers for this I just ordered some chicory and scorzonera and it came to 85p. Plus with free beans too, can't grumble. I could only see a £3 voucher, but the code worked fine.
                          Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                          I fished mine out of the recycling bin, and the small print on the voucher says that you have to spend the exact amount of the voucher or more, but NOT less. So I've just tried my damndest to get the total to exactly £5 but it's impossible. I can get £4.95 or £5.10. So I can't use it because I can't pay the 10p... Back in the bin it goes!
                          Sarz did you try it and see, as Kathy seems to have managed to add 85p (cause not sure how you'd pay that if they won't take your card!)?

Ive had another look at their catalogue ( I likes the feel of the pages, too VC) and it does look expensive and it doesn't really tell you how many seeds are in a packet. Trouble is they have the Yin Yang beans which I really fancy having a go at.......... (I wil not give in...yet.)
                          "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

I think the survey they are referring to is the one that was in the September issue of the magazine (page 39) as the runner-up prizes are £5 marshalls garden vouchers. Having never ordered from Marshalls before I suspect this is how they got my details to send the catalogue.

Comment

If you have ordered from Marshalls before you will automatically get a catalogue annually. I have used them for a number of years.

I have found them to be very professional in everything they do normally, so I am at a loss as to explain the problems with the card payment. As an example 2 years ago they sent me Foremost instead of my beloved Lady Christl. I rang their customer services, received an apology and my Lady C were duly sent. When I asked them what I should do with the Foremost I was told "Please keep them as a little something for your trouble".

Potty
                              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

That's interesting Martin, but I'm with an 'ethical bank' not with HBOS, and they're so behind the times still that you can't even get an up to date balance on their internet banking Sure they'll get there one day though

There's no point in trying to order and just pay the extra 15p or whatever because the order goes through as though it's worked and then the next day I get an email saying ' very sorry, can't process it, oh what a shame'. Doesn't matter really, I have enough seeds to feed the village if I'm honest, it just narks me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X