No announcement yet.

Which plastic cover for this criteria?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which plastic cover for this criteria?

I've read up on the different types of polytunnel polythene, I just can't decide what is the best for my requirements.

Old shed frame about to be repurposed and covered with polytunnel plastic. It will have some wood cladding left at the bottom and the plastic will run from roughly halfway up the sides and over the roof. There will be benches around the insides. It'll be sited in the corner of a garden with shade cast by nearby houses until maybe 11ish onwards, then it will have sun till around teatime ish.

The theory is, (I think) I will use it as a potting shed for sowing seeds and for growing smaller things in pots.I will have my propagators and trays on the benches and all other gardening equipment will be on shelves under the benches. I don't think I will be growing anything big in here, at the moment I'm thinking it will be for starting stuff off until it's big enough to go in the greenhouse or garden.

I'm also thinking I might overwinter some things but not sure yet.

So, should I be looking at clear polythene or diffused? I'm really not sure just how much light there should be or just how much difference there is, in real life terms between them. I've seen a 50/50 version which is supposed to be halfway between the two.

I thought the anti drip stuff might be useful but I'd be glad of some thoughts as to what you would use in this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X