No announcement yet.

Cumin

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always knew I was awkward! I use cumin and coriander in almost everything and absolutely love the taste. Its a shame that it's too cold to have the fresh plants because the leaves are good in salads.

Comment

Cumin seed for growing in this country is available on ebay.... I've grown my own coriander seed before and I've been given a piece of turmeric root that I'm going to give a go to so soon I might be independant for curry spices......

Comment

I love cumin. When I roast sweet potato with an onion, I cover it with a teaspoon or two of cumin and let it cook for half an hour. Whizz it all up with some stock and you have the most delicious, sophisticated soup. Yummy.
        We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
        Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

I rarely make a chutney without a good dollop of ground cumin, whatever else I spice it with.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Cheese on toast is good with cumin seeds.
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I bought a pack of indian herb plant plugs in morrissons 2 years ago,including cumin and a small leaved spicy oregano.last year after the severe winter it sprouted in spring and grew 2 ft high before flowering,it died down again over winter and has a large carrot like root,waiting to see if it resprouts this year.It has been left out unprotected in a flower bucket on the patio now for 2 years with no protection and only a spring top dressing,the leaves are quite pretty almost fennel like.
              don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
              remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X