No announcement yet.

Can I grow lemon grass?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seem to be mixed results in this thread for growing lemongrass from seed.

Has anyone got any more up-to-date tips for growing it from seed?

I got a packet in the Wy@vale 50p sale but I don't have a lot of success with T&M seeds, so some sure-fire tips would be good before I sow them wrong!
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Doesn't answer your question MH but the stalks I started Dec 2012 are still growing. Have been potted on twice and are a couple of feet high

Comment

I haven't seen lemongrass in the supermarkets for quite a while, otherwise I'd have a go with a stalk too.
        Endless wonder.

Comment

I have a 2nd lot growing too. Bought from Asd@ in a mixed pack with Thai garlic and a funny shallot (both growing in a pot now).

Comment

I'll keep an eye out next time I'm in Asdic - thanks.
            Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
              There seem to be mixed results in this thread for growing lemongrass from seed.

Has anyone got any more up-to-date tips for growing it from seed?

I got a packet in the Wy@vale 50p sale but I don't have a lot of success with T&M seeds, so some sure-fire tips would be good before I sow them wrong!
              Don't know if I will be any help. I've germinated lemon grass seeds successfully for the last 3 years. I don't really do anything special. Sow seeds on top of a 4" pot of compost with a very light covering of compost. Then a plastic bag over the pot, water to keep damp. That's it. I take bag off when most have germinated. There they stay till they need re potting. All this takes place in the Polytunnel. I've never managed to over winter any unfortunately. I put that down to my location, but it may just be I'm not very good.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X