GYO wedding decoration

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GYO wedding decoration

I am getting married end of april and planted lots of bulbs/ perenials that I like that are to bloom between april and may in the hope that I can pick most flowers for the decorations out of my own garden. Very excited about it, plus it is very good for our budget!! I mainly have white/ green and white/ pink tulips, white daffodils, white and blue anemones, ranunculus, lilly of the valley, small snapdragon, spurge, stinking helebores, forget me nots and lots of herbs.

Besides this I want to go an 'forage' for things, and am hoping for bluebells, but I head that picking them is not allowed? Is this true? Any other things I should look out for?

Yes, I'm afraid bluebells are protected in the UK - so no picking!

You might want to stretch your garden flowers with greenery. Start looking in friends gardens fo leaf shapes and colours that you like.

**not sure how long before the wedding you will be arranging your flowers but daffodils shorten the life of others, so condition them separately.
    Last edited by Scarlet; 17-01-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Do you have lots of clumps of lichen in your trees?
      I pickd a whole pile for my daughters wedding- to thread onto fishing wire and make garlands.
      (Problem was that I ran out of time and didn't make enough to make a feature of it)I'm sure you could make it now in advance.
      this sort of stuff...
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

That sound lovely - any pics??

Comment

me?...unfortunately no....but really easy to make

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Yes, I'm afraid bluebells are protected in the UK - so no picking!

yes, although you can pick them on private land if you have the landowners permission AND they have been cultivated specifically for that purpose, OR if the landowner has a licence to sell bluebells, or if they have grown in a private garden.

Personally though, i'd leave them be!
            <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

No bluebells it is then but I really like the lichen idea - good reason to go for a walk at the Birks of Aberfeldy and forage some. I also was thinking of raking moss out of grass, drying it and making little ornaments as in picture, to add some green.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ivy is good for green, and you can get some long trailing stems too.

Comment

I got the idea from this...

just threading on lichen instead of the flowers. Then perhaps a few hearts hanging off it- or not
                  Last edited by Nicos; 17-01-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Sounds like it will be very pretty.I foraged a lot of foliage for my brothers christmas wedding, ivy trials are very useful. Few bows and you have a very decorative swag to trail around the room.
                    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

What a lovely idea Nicos. I wish you every success kf, sounds like your wedding will be very flowerful.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Thank you guys for all your ideas! In the next few weeks I want to do a trial so will put some pics on here then

Florence Fennel, thank you - I can't wait!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X