Mind Your Own Business in decline

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind Your Own Business in decline

Well, here I go again with a new Mind Your Own Business in a small pot. Compost just moist, not too wet, kept away from heat and the plant is clearly dying. And yet outdoors it thrives in the smallest cracks and loves damp, cool spots.

That’s what my house plants end up looking like,outside plants can survive because of rain & air drying/drainage no water logging. I just googled it but most the info I read was that it’s a difficult weed if it gets in your lawn or borders
    • “In borders and other parts of the garden, mind-your-own-business should be eradicated as thoroughly as possible by burying it deeply with mulch or hoeing it off repeatedly in dry weather”
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/weeds/mind-your-own-business

Comment

Well almost a month on and it's no better, in fact worse. The soil is moist (as it likes it outdoors) so absolutely no idea why Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230402_104820.jpg Views:	0 Size:	331.7 KB ID:	2560542
      Last edited by Marb67; 02-04-2023, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Well, it's completely died, Another to tick off the mysterious plant death list despite following advice. And yet they grow perfectly well in the garden in the same conditions.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230510_104003_edit_152012310626283.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	433.3 KB
ID:	2562219

Comment

I got another plant from the garden, kept moist in pot away from sun and yet again..............
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230618_111211_edit_229351426946774.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	619.0 KB
ID:	2564165

Comment

Aaaaaaaand another one bites the dust 😞 why oh why oh why does it thrive outside so easily and yet as soon as its over the threshold of my house door it's doomed.
            Attached Files

Comment

Maybe it’s telling you “leave me in the garden” in a plant way of communication?

Comment

But they sell mind your own business as houseplants in the garden centre.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X