Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg Newbie

HI

I am looking for some advice on both Vegetables and chickens!!!! SO I will start out with the vegetable questions

We have a decent size lawned area at the front of the house, gets sun 70% of the day. has a gentle slope, the bottom sections obviously gets wetter than the top. The main road is at least another 20 feet away via our drive and the road is what I call intermintantly busy, and as we are rural we have very few "passers by"I would say the total area must be about 15 x 20 ft

My cunning plan ! is to turn this into a vegetable patch, moving the border plants to the rear garden and then dividing the area in to 4 sort of raised beds. To enable me to maintain a better crop rotation. Is this the way to go or would one large veg patch be better. Also for just the two of us, I am presuming that this size would be sufficient.

Although a Keen gardener growing most of my plants from seed, I am now wanting to put my greenhouse to better use and grow on my own veg, the garden at the back is lovely and full of plants, every year I end up growing hundreds of annuals and then they just go on the compost heap!.

Sorry that was all a bit rambley...off to post chicken thread now!!!!!!

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X