Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best person to contact to get on allotment list?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the best person to contact to get on allotment list?

I'm seeking an allotment in Blackburn and I know there are several allotment areas around the town, but who should I contact to be put on a list? Should I go through the council, Capita in our case, or should I contact the individual sites themselves?

In my area you contact the council, go on the waiting list and they give you a call when one is available.

Worked for me.

Comment

I'd also visit each of the sites you might be interested in and chat to the allotment holders - it will give you an idea about the best sites and any problems.

Also it makes you look keen - find the site secretary if you can - Sat or Sun mornings are always a good time to catch people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dottie View Post
        In my area you contact the council, go on the waiting list and they give you a call when one is available.

Worked for me.
        But that would only cover the council sites not the Private or localy managed sites..I would go to each site and have a look round.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Yep, definitely visit the ones you're interested in, and ask the other plot holders
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Ta. I'd like my allotment in walking distance or maybe I'd cycle. As best I can tell that leaves 2 on my list. I have spied some barren land nearby that might be useful for converting to allotments. I live in a redevelopment area and the council might be interested in green developments.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X