Dr Heyasson Pest & Weed Book

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Heyasson Pest & Weed Book

We saw this in GYO this week, and thought it an excellent idea for a reference book, so whilst at the local GC yesterday (buying some more bamboo canes for constructing more weird and wonderful support systems to baffle the other plotholders) we spotted it, had a quick flick through it and decided to buy it.

Personally I like the Heyasson series of books, good info presented in a clear and easy to use style, and this latest one is very similar.

Sections include:-
    Flower Troubles
    Tree, Shrub & Rose Troubles
    Vegetable Troubles
    Tree Fruit Troubles
    Soft Fruit Troubles
    Lawn Troubles
    Animal Pests
    General Disorders
    Pest & Disease Control
    Garden Weeds
    Lawn Weeds
    Weed Control
    Problem Index

A lot of the info is very similar to that given in the individual Veg / Fruit books, similar to that given at the end of each type of veg listing their problems, but the Weed section is totally new, havent ever seen that info before, so very useful indeed, even though the book seems to recommend a chemical attack on most of them and doesnt list an organic alternative for most either!!

Overall its a useful book, specifically as all the Pests / Diseases and Weeds are listed in one easy to use place, but if you already have the individual Veg / Fruit books, then you already have a large piece of the info contained within the book. I think you have to make the decision on whether to buy it yourself based on whether the weed and pest bits alone are worth the price of the book!

Personally, I'm glad we bought it, at least now I have a much better idea what each of the weeds we have growing in the plot is and how to get rid of them!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X