Dishwasher Recommendations Please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    I fitted kitchens for a diy superstore for about ten years and the most reliable make was bosch (they do a 450mm slim line)
    we had a few makes catch fire or go bang .

Most of the time it was due to things working lose during transit or poor assemble

it got worse in the last few years working for them when we fitted the low end cheap appliances
    from china .
    Almost every appliance had something wrong with them mainly loose wires , we would check them just to cover ourselves before fitting

most new dishwashers have a cold water feed only you can buy a y connector that just screws onto the end for your washing machine tap giving you two cold water feeds

you can get the same sort of y thing for the waste water pipe

make sure it has it's own socket to plug into
    It' s not a good idea to use double plug adapters as these appliances they use lots of power when
    heating up water

Comment

We've got a slimline Indesit one. Its good enough but sometimes things have to go round for a second wash, which gets a bit annoying so I cant overly recommend it. Then again, I dont know if thats just dishwashers in general.

Comment

We've had a slimline zanussi for about 15 years and have no complaints. It's survived a house move and a couple of years being used by tenants while we were out of the country and we've never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
          Thanks for the advice guys, I tried to search which and dishwashers in several combinations but it just says I need to subscribe to read the answers!!
          I'll have a look at bosch and see what other reviews say.
          Are there any that are really bad though, definately wouldnt buys?
          Thanks x
          Yes - it's a £1 for trial membership.

They tell you the cr*p buys too, and the testing includes how energy efficient they are and how reliable. They tested 156 different dishwashers according to the web site - link here: Dishwasher reviews - Kitchen - Which? Home & garden

Comment

As an add on to this thread (Looks like we'll go for the slimline bosch) do you need a hot water pipe for dishwashers?
            Its just we would have to put it in our 'conservatory' (very old one made of brick and glass but slightly falling down) with the washing machine, but there is no hot water pipe out there.

My kitchen is only just big enough to get the fridge in!! (and cooker)

Comment

I'm pretty sure most new appliances (dish- and laundry-washers) use cold-fill only, and heat the water as they use it.
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Thanks G4 - I have looked at the information for each one but it doesnt really say anywhere.

Comment

Our Bosch is cold-fill, no hot water required

Comment

another vote for Bosch...but NB an engineer told me that the cheaper ones (like mine, Classixx or something) aren't made in Germany, where the best ones are...but it's still not bad. You really do get what you pay for with something like this I think.
                    And yes, they're brilliant things. Huge difference to life if you're not washing up...go for it

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                      I'm pretty sure most new appliances (dish- and laundry-washers) use cold-fill only, and heat the water as they use it.
                      Yep,it helps with the energy rating to do it that way,otherwise the initial part of a hot fill is water that has cooled in the pipework & needs to be reheated
                      BOSCH SRS43C32GB - SLIMLINE DISHWASHER is deffo cold fill only
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

ermm, how about some kids? (that was my mum's solution when I was growing up)
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                          Thanks G4 - I have looked at the information for each one but it doesnt really say anywhere.
                          Go to ...... BOSCH SRS43C32GB SLIMLINE DISHWASHER .... it is open on the machine mentioned in my last post,but there is a dropdown list for loads of other makes & models
                          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

We are on our second Bosch dishwasher. The first was a tad more expensive than the one we have now. The original showed when it was washing/rinsing/drying. The one we have now just shows 'active'. Which is fine, but you have no idea when the load is going to finish

I shall certainly look at that when I have to have a new one (hopefully not in the too near future).

I always said I wouldn't give you a 'thank you' for a dishwasher, but since having one it would not be the first piece of equipment to be removed from the kithen.

Only having had Bosch that it is all I can recommend, with the proviso that the cheaper end of the market, whilst doing the job, might not always be the most helpful.

valmarg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X