Potato Forks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potato Forks

Was round my mum's last weekend and she mentioned the dreaded C word and asked if we had anything we wanted this year. She then thrust a catalogue at me which had potato forks for sale and asked if I wanted one. Does anybody use one, if so are they any good and do you have any recommendations? Personally I'd never heard of them but wondered if they would help me spear less of my spuds in my fairly open, slightly silty, loamyish soil.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

I have always used a small border fork. Works perfectly well. I don't know what the advantage of a specific fork would be - and whether that would justify the extra shed space!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I use a normal fork between the rows just to break the potato area up, then get on my hands and knees and get dirty!

I'm now thinking a potato fork might be a good idea
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
        I have always used a small border fork. Works perfectly well. I don't know what the advantage of a specific fork would be - and whether that would justify the extra shed space!
        That's what I do too Flum but the theory is that the rounded ends of the tines on the potato fork won't spear the spuds - was wondering if it was just marketing spin or for real

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I think the trick is to start well away from the plants. I can't really see that a potato fork would be any better than an ordinary one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X