This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All

11° and damp...need to go to the plots today as my cauliflower and sprouts (yes I know I wasn't going to bother this year) need potting on. Cabbages can wait another 10 days.

Hope you all enjoyed the break

Comment

• Morning, we've got no rain or snow so a good day to be out and about
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning, cold with sleety rain and the hills are white with snow, so that will keep us cold for an other week or two till it shifts sitting at my granddaughters waiting for someone to come and install smart meters between 8 and 12, sure as anything it will be 12 and then "Oh there's a problem I will need to come back" (do you think maybe I am a wee bit disgruntled today) OHs up at our daughter's watching the boy's, so once finished here I will swap over with her, and let her get the housework done.
        Well what ever you are doing today enjoy yourself and keep warm, at that I am off to put some heating on its freezing here
        Last edited by rary; 03-04-2018, 08:33 AM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Not quite sure what today will bring (*looks at list of 'stuff needing doing ASAP and nearly feints)

OK.....looks like a busy day ahead then! ( that'll teach me to take time off during the long weekend!)

Have a great day peeps....see ya later...
          Last edited by Nicos; 03-04-2018, 08:34 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
            Morning All

11° and damp...need to go to the plots today as my cauliflower and sprouts (yes I know I wasn't going to bother this year) need potting on. Cabbages can wait another 10 days.

Hope you all enjoyed the break
            Forgot to add....I have a +×#@&% cold
            Last edited by Greenleaves; 03-04-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Another miserable start to the day here.
              Wet, grey and A blanket of fog,
              No end in sight with a rainy week forecast.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,drying up here,with sun and grey sky,don't over do it Nicos,think of the back,not sure what am upto yet,maybe a bit of this and that,and feel good iv'e done sumat usefull,awwwww that sun is good,enjoy your day ,bgood2yrselves.
                sorry about the cold GL,get well soon and send it out to sea,
                Last edited by lottie dolly; 03-04-2018, 09:27 AM.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Golly gosh, what varied weather we're all having. The sun is just breaking through the clouds here at the moment. Not sure how long that will last. Commiserations on the sleet, rary. That's my least favourite weather. Heavy rains due this weekend. Really hope they happen.

Other than that, not much news. More work. More coming in than is going out, in fact, which is not a good state of affairs when I want to be gardening!

So, on with the show. Hope you have a good day.

Edited to add: Actually, my least favourite weather is hail. Far too destructive. Forgot about that. Better remember for this afternoon as a thunderstorm is forecast.
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 03-04-2018, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Well the man had been to fit the new meters, one fitted need to come back( now that a surprise, wasn't expecting that) as something in the gas inlet needs changed, some time in the next two weeks, right need to move and head up to watch the boy's, should have said I refer to the person who was doing the work as a man VC would call him a boy I think he was about my age
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Went up to watch the boy's but OH said she would do it, if I wanted to come down and do some work, so was out in the greenhouse for a time I had picked up a large mirror the other day and was going to fit it in at the back of a bench but 1inch too high so will have to alter my shelving but will do it either later or tomorrow as its Baltic here with heavy winters showers, and I am freezing, preparing the tea just now, OH had asked our GD if she wanted to come for her tea, but she said she doesn't think she will tonight, I am convinced she just wants to eat my beans right off to celebrate elect OH then a quick tea as I am out tonight

Comment

• Good evening all.
                        Well, after a poor start weather wise this morning the fog disappeared, the sun came out and the temp got up to 15deg.
                        What a difference the weather makes.
                        Spent the day outdoors and didn't even need a jacket.
                        Got so much work done.
                        What a pleasure to be out and about.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I'm exhausted. Today I was supposed to take a friend to a nearby town to see his children. Then home. My plans then were to put my polytunnel up if weather allowed. Whilst waiting for said friend I was going to do some banking then sit and have a coffee and pay some bills through the interweb. You know what they say about best laid plans.

Delivered friend to the place he was seeing his children and I headed for the bank. Phone call on the way. Youngest son has broken down on the M40, can I help. I did the banking first, sent a message to my friend that I might be late picking him back up. Son had nursed his car to a pub carpark which is where I met him. Could I take him to Enterprise to hire a car for a week to get him to work. Look round the corner Paul, you are virtually next to Enterprise! Duh! Anyway sorted. First time I've driven a hybrid and I'm very impressed.

Went and picked my friend up and took him home via the shops and then had to go and pick my sons dog up as he was so late getting to his job he has to stay the night to finish it tomorrow.

Finally got home about 6.30pm. I then had a chance to eat. Early night for me.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning All Running late and have to dash so have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Proper April showers yesterday, bands of rain and a bit of lightning but the temp came over in bands too, repeatedly wafting from 13.5 to 8.5 and back again.
                              Raining now but enjoy the day folks whatever you're up to
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                                Steadily working my way through my 'to do -urgent' list.....taking some time, but it's a huuuge relief to see the list dwindling.....albeit slowly

Still nippy, blustery winds here, so more indoor 'stuff' today.
                                Enjoy your day folks!
                                Last edited by Nicos; 04-04-2018, 06:57 AM.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X