X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seasprout
    replied
    Originally posted by Tracey View Post
    Mentioning water butts. I was in homebase today and they had water butts for sale which you build yourself using small pieces of wood (about 1' x 3"). At first I thought may be it was for decorative purposes and you would put the plastic one inside but the display model had a tap on the wood and plenty of gaps for water to leak out off! Am I missing something?
    I think the principle is based on those old wooded barrels for keeping wine in. when its full of liquid the wood swells and holds it in....however what happen when you start using the liquid and the level drops don't take a rocket scientist work out.

Leave a comment:

• Flummery
    replied
    Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    I always thought forums (fora?) were for saddoes with no friends. Now I know that its the only place I can waffle on about compost, water butts and mulching.
    Nah! they're for saddoes with LOADSA friends!

Leave a comment:

• bluemoon
    replied
    My OH does not 'do' forums. But then, really, neither do I. I've had a look at one or two others and read them occasionally but, this one apart, I've never joined one. It's partly because it's taken a long time for either of us to acknowledge the 21st century, partly because this one seemed so friendly, and partly because I'd been reading the mag since issue one, so already felt sort of part of it. I am getting to the point now though where I just have to come here at least once a day, if only to quickly check what's new. And that's from someone who gave themselves the user-name 'bluemoon' coz they didn't think they'd visit very often!

Leave a comment:

• Tracey
    replied
    Mentioning water butts. I was in homebase today and they had water butts for sale which you build yourself using small pieces of wood (about 1' x 3"). At first I thought may be it was for decorative purposes and you would put the plastic one inside but the dispay model had a tap on the wood and plenty of gaps for water to leak out off! Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    I always thought forums (fora?) were for saddoes with no friends. Now I know that its the only place I can waffle on about compost, water butts and mulching.

Leave a comment:

• Flummery
    replied
    Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
    I'm not really real you know!
    I know - 'cos I haven't seen you!

Leave a comment:

• terrier
    replied
    Oh yes he is! I've seen your baby pics on a.n.other thread. You've been rumbled HW

Leave a comment:

• sewer rat
    replied
    I joined the Vine way back when, and at the time was a member of other gardening forums but veggies sort of took over - both in the forums and in my life. Now I have the Vine and my 5 acre Market Garden, OH has multiple TV Channels so she's happy too !! (bet she won't be so happy come March when baby will be 4 weeks old and I'm working 16 hour days, 7 days a week again !!)

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    I have the puter and you lot..........wor lass has Sky tv!

We each think tuthers got the sh*tty end of the stick!

Leave a comment:

• piskieinboots
    replied
    and coming full circle.....some flat food for HW on the way

Leave a comment:

• HeyWayne
    replied
    Originally posted by terrier View Post
    The nice thing about forums is when participants meet up in real life. The strangest thing is when you realise that you probably know some of the people anyway but don't realise it as they don't use their own names on the forum. A number of the forums I use do have get togethers in real life, it's a great way to make friends as you all have something in common and that breaks the ice very quickly. Both OH and I are forummers albeit different ones.

Leave a comment:

• terrier
    replied
    The nice thing about forums is when participants meet up in real life. The strangest thing is when you realise that you probably know some of the people anyway but don't realise it as they don't use their own names on the forum. A number of the forums I use do have get togethers in real life, it's a great way to make friends as you all have something in common and that breaks the ice very quickly. Both OH and I are forummers albeit different ones.

Leave a comment:

• veg4681
    replied
    Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    My husband works all day with computers and wants something different at home. He is also ultra suspicious of people who want to 'talk' to total strangers. I belong to a couple of quilting groups online and when one lots of us got together at one girl's house for a weekend he wanted to know how I knew they weren't axe murderers! Naturally, we now sometimes call our group the Axe Murderers!
    I know what he means about Axe Murderers, the thought had crossed my mind when I joined Grapevine but I came to the assumption that you can only meet the 'nicest people possible' on a harmless vegetable-gardening forum. I mean how can these veggie-people possibly hurt me, stab me with a carrot ?

Leave a comment:

• scarey55
    replied
    Well, you all know Scared (KK) Nuff said!

Leave a comment:

• Flummery
    replied
    My husband works all day with computers and wants something different at home. He is also ultra suspicious of people who want to 'talk' to total strangers. I belong to a couple of quilting groups online and when one lots of us got together at one girl's house for a weekend he wanted to know how I knew they weren't axe murderers! Naturally, we now sometimes call our group the Axe Murderers!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X