Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackcurrant jam- how do you prepare your fruit?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddled View Post
    At the risk of showing my ignorance....
    I thought jelly WAS seedless jam, pulp passed through a jelly bag, mixed with sugar and reheated to setting point...no?
    Jelly is clear and transparent seedless jam has the fruit pulp in it so isn't clear.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I wonder how the jam company's do things,bet they don't spend time prepping like we would,are we just to fussy,i have some ready to pick and jam with,just a good wash after the stem bit cut off,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I like the clean look of jelly but I like prefer the texture of a jam. For my blackcurrant jam , I freeze the berries and then roll them frozen in a clean towel and then give them a rinse under running water. Works well enough for me, though if I'm cooking for gifts. I'll top and tail with a scissors.
        Last edited by Scarlet; 06-07-2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

As an enthusiastic jam eater, I love the texture of blackcurrant jam with all the skins and seeds in.... I like the freeze-n-roll method.... *off to look for blackcurrant bushes*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X