Potting on Chilean guava berries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potting on Chilean guava berries

I bought 6 guava berry plants (on recommendation from someone on here) last year I had a good crop from them. They are presently in morrisons flower buckets. Can I pot them on into 30 litre pots or is that too big a jump. I need to pot on the blueberries and have seen a good deal on eb@y for 10 30 litre pots for about £26 was going to get them for both blueberries and guava berries
    Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

I would have thought that going up that much shouldn't be too much of a problem for the plants.

The only negative will be the cost of the extra compost compared with just going up one pot size (10 to 15ltr).

I potted on my 2 Chilean guavas last spring and noticed they sent out quite a few suckers, so cut them off and potted them up too. It slightly discouraged me from sticking them in the ground!
    The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
    William M. Davies

Comment

Thanks for that. I'm planning on putting them into the fruit cage when I get one. May be not such a goo idea then?
      Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Chilean Guave dropping fruit !

Hi all.

Please can anyone help !?
        I bought a Chilean Guava last year which already had a few flowers on it - 'Great' I thought, first year and I get a few berries ! Wrong - flowers all fell off.
        I have since read that they like a LOT of water or they will drop their fruit.
        So of course this year I have been watering more (mostly rain water, when I have some in my water butt) a fair few flowers grew (god they smell gorgeous) followed by lots of developing fruit . . . . . but looking at them recently - where have all the fruit gone !? It has net over it (and the Blueberries), they are in a decent sized pot which is sunk into the ground. I feed it with Ericaceous feed once a wk or fortnight.
        WHAT AM I DOING WRONG - OR NOT DOING ??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X