Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now...have i planted these strawberries correctly?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now...have i planted these strawberries correctly?

I bought another cheap pack of runners and the pack said to stick them in a pot until roots establish then plant out, I assume this is correct?

http://i46.tinypic.com/rwv11y.jpg
    Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

Can't tell from your picture, as I can't see any sign of the "Crown" which is the bit where the new leaves come from.

The advice in general is good, but I wonder whether your strawberries were in good condition when you bought them. Can I ask where you got them from?

Comment

Look at bit deep to me as Rustylady said would expect to see the crown sitting level with the soil.

Comment

It was a cheapy shop, £2 for 7 runners. Some of them in the looked dead to me as some looked just like a long stretch of roots, no greenage or stems.
        Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

Comment

I think you've wasted your money and your time

Comment

Growing Strawberries

Couple of pictures down it shows the crown. Can you complain to the store?

Comment

Yours look at bit like these runners....

you would normally get root growth growing immediately beneath the leaf growth where it touches the soil.

I think you need to gently remove the one in the top piccie to see if there is another growing point. The growing point needs to be just below the surface any deeper and it will rot.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X