Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Vodka

HI all,

I know raspberrys are not in season but was at the shop a few weeks ago and got several punnets for 20p each instead of £3 ! So I though it was worth trying making some flavoured vodka with them.

I placed the berrys in a jar with a little sugar, added the vodka and left them for 2 weeks. I mixed the jars every day or two to make sure the sugar had disolved.

Filtered the berrys out last night and if I do day so myself the vodka is great. Would recommend you give it a try.

Cheers

DrDoug
    Attached Files

I do the same with my own damons DrDoug. Because the vodka has no flavour the taste of the fruit really comes through. Must try raspberry!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Found a bag of frozen raspberries in the freezer the other day (I really need to sort the freezer) so may be trying this next week............

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Sounds good! Vodka is a great base for home made liqueurs - has no taste of its own and is strong enough to prevent mouldy growths. Used to make Creme de Menthe from Vodka, sugar, peppermint essence and green colouring.

Comment

Frozen rasp's work well with vodka, as long as you don't defrost them first...! Also those bags of frozen mixed fruit (Summer fruit?) that most supermarkets seem to have, and frozen blackcurrants make a highly alcoholic Ribena-type drink... Yummmm

Comment

mmmmmmmmm sound good to me. Must dig out those frozen fruits
            Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

I made Raspberry Vodka , last year for Xmas. Used fresh Scots Rasps , which were pricey. I let it mature for about 4 weeks. When I strained off , I used the Rasps in a trifle, and also froze the rest. Which I admit I ate quite a few. But also seemed like a good idea to put them frozen into champagne. What a treat , will definitely try again , prob with frozen rasps or when in height of season.
              A Bientot
              Jerseybean

Comment

I've done the same with vanilla pods.

Left them in the vodka for abut 3-4 months and it tasted GOYJUS. Much better than stoli or absolut vanilla.
                Gardening Blog:
                http://dig-for-victory.livejournal.com/

Comment

we made raspberry vodka a couple of years ago with an excess of rasps from our previous allotment - didn't realise we had to put sugar in and it took aaaages to be ready, but we still have some left and its nice, we left the raspberries in (and i don't even like vodka!).

Must try the sloe vodka we made last autumn, its still in the cupboard!
                  There's vegetable growing in the family, but I must be adopted
                  Happy Gardening!

Comment

Along with Sloe Gin, and Blackberry Whiskey, this is one of our favourites, (although we tend to use Gin rather than Vodka). With ice and tonic this is ready at just the right time of the Summer too.

Mark
                    http://rockinghamforestcider.moonfruit.com/
                    http://rockinghamforestcider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ive got some frozen cherries Im going to put in vodka thenmake a chocolate roulade and put the cherries in it do I need to put sugar in with them ?

Comment

Every year we always make sloe gin & sloe vodka, never even thought of doing raspberry vodka sounds good, must give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by ugly gourd View Post
                          Ive got some frozen cherries Im going to put in vodka thenmake a chocolate roulade and put the cherries in it do I need to put sugar in with them ?
                          Depends how sweet the cherries are to start with? If they're 'cooking' type cherries, I definately would add a good dessert spoonful per bottle. If they're already sweet, you probably won't need it.
                          Last edited by SarzWix; 18-05-2007, 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

rasberry vodka

hi dr doug. we have used the same method with blackcurrants. if i remember rightley it was belting .ade

Comment

Found this old thread. How useful, found everything I need to know except proportion of raspberries to vodka/gin.

Any ideas?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X