First Tomatoes and French Beans of the Season

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Tomatoes and French Beans of the Season

Despite not sowing as early as many of you and the start of the year being pretty pants, I've now started harvesting tomatoes. Picked the first two yesterday from hanging baskets in the polytunnel. Maskotka basket type and they were lovely and sweet. Also harvested a punnet of French Beans (Crystal Wax from HSL) which were way ahead of my climbing ones outside. Came back from the plot with that, a lot of mange tout, some early potatoes, the first of the raspberries, loads of strawberries, loads of peas and a few carrots. Happy days

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Lovely time of year isn't it?
    I've got pickable Early Warwick dwarf french beans (from Hazel) ready but I leave them to eat as shellies. We've had absolutel loads of Kent Blue mangetout peas (from Muckdiva) too and I've picked enough strawbs to eat as many as we can, give some away and still make 7lb of jam. First Crimson Fowered broadies (Muckdiva again!) on Tuesday and several lots of Goldensweet mt peas and Ezethas (Birdie Wife) and ones that failed to 'save for seed' test from my purple mangetout patch.
    What would we be growing without our fellow grapes, I wonder?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

My Crimson Flowered which I had from you, Flum, aren't quite ready, maybe this time next year which is loads later than last year. Not grown quite as many this time but am really looking forward to them.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

You can both go sit in the corner for showing off

(I only have green toms, green chillies, and French bean flowers)
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

You had the first broadies though!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            You can both go sit in the corner for showing off

(I only have green toms, green chillies, and French bean flowers)
            not even flowers on any beans
            Last edited by coreopsis; 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I'm very impressed and jealous!

I didn't start anything until really late this year - so I'm hoping my harvests will last waaaay into autumn! When we used to have summer (!) I could harvest toms from the greenhouse until November and once until Christmas, so that's what I'm aiming for this year!
              Life is too short for drama & petty things!
              So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X