Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding sweet peppers

Hi everyone

My apologies if this has already been asked but I don't seem to be able to find it on the forum.

I am growing sweet peppers for the first time this year, in the greenhouse, in pots. I gave some spare plants to relatives who are growing them outdoors in pots (I realise that they are not nearly so successful grown outdoors but they don't have a greenhouse). I have Googled on the net but can't seem to find much about caring for peppers and so I wondered if anyone could tell me what they should be fed with and how often? (for both greenhouse grown ones and those outdoors).
    Many thanks!

Julie
    Last edited by jaybeebuzz; 20-06-2009, 09:00 AM.

Just ordinary tomato food such as Tomorite, or the organic equivalent, should do them fine once they start flowering Follow the instructions on the packaging as to when and how much.

Comment

So basically I treat them exactly the same as my tomatoes?

Thanks Sarah.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much They are fairly easy plants on the whole. They do get aphids/greenfly sometimes (best just squished or wiped off) but usually just left to their own devices, with a weekly feed, they do just great.

Comment

Yep, treat them like you would tom's - as 98& of my polytunnel is full of fruiting veg i just tip more or less the correct amount of tom feed into my waterbutt (the wb feeds my irrigation system) twice a week and it feeds all my crops.

Yesturday I counted 96 little green peppers and I've still got more flowers waiting to set so I must be doing something right. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that most turn red

Comment

Marathon

That's a great idea re the water butt. I'd try that myself only mine, converted from an old dustbin, doesn't have a lid and our 3 dogs regularly drink out of it!!! Think I'll stick to adding Tomorite to the watering can, just to be on the safe side!! But thanks everybody for your help! Much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by jaybeebuzz View Post
              Marathon

That's a great idea re the water butt. I'd try that myself only mine, converted from an old dustbin, doesn't have a lid and our 3 dogs regularly drink out of it!!! Think I'll stick to adding Tomorite to the watering can, just to be on the safe side!! But thanks everybody for your help! Much appreciated!
              my tunnel is full of 4 squash plants, loads of peppers,cucumbers,and tomato's and three melon plants and a courgette plant that's almost had it's day so it would take me an age to water and feed by hand

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X