fennel question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fennel question

My OH has come home with two bulbs of fennel and is wondering if it's possible to pickle it or freeze it. Any help very much appreciated
    Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

sorry cant help you there have looked in my monty cook book but nought. Sure someone will know dexterdog is usually good with things like this.

Comment

just eat it

Comment

It's lovely roasted with some olive oil, black pepper etc. Or eat raw finely sliced or saute in a pan with butter. Drool! Slather!
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Ooh, roasted fennel is loverly, try roasting it with other veg, sweet potato, parsnips, tatties, carrots, garlic all go well. Even my cat loves roasted fennel!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Thanks everyone, we'll give your suggestions a go. OH loves roasted veg
            Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

I slice it thinly then poach it gently in a little butter and white wine! delicious! thinking about it, there is some ready to pick right now in my back garden!....................yum yum! DDL
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

You can candy fennel like you would candy angelica...

Its absolutley delicious... Sweet aniseed flavour thats very good as a garnish
                I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

Comment

Originally posted by skegblade View Post
                  My OH has come home with two bulbs of fennel and is wondering if it's possible to pickle it or freeze it. Any help very much appreciated
                  Puree it with a little olive oil & it freezes quite well
                  Have you tried it in a spag bol?
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by skegblade View Post
                    Cut it in quarters, steam them, cover with thick white sauce, springle with your fav. cheese and bake. Also try them together with cauliflower or / and broccoli.
                    Regards
                    Don Vincenzo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X