Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to plant Courgettes, Aubergine & Cucumbers?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to plant Courgettes, Aubergine & Cucumbers?

HIya Guys & Girls,

I've got some courgette plants, an aubergine plant & some cucumber plants. I kinda bought them thinking 'oh these'll be nice to try' but I don't know where the best place to put them would be! (apart from in the ground!)

This is my 1st year of growing veg & it's all growing in my back & side garden. I don't have masses of space though & don't have a greenhouse, the courgettes are from seed & are in propagators in the shed at the moment. They're doing really well and I don't want to kill them off.

Would building a small 'greenhouse' with wood and plastic sheeting be any good?

Regards

Clare
    Hand-made Ratty Gifts for Rats & Humans www.ratanon.com

my courgettes are just out in the ground in a raised bed, tho u can grow them in pots too...

Comment

Courgette: outside
      Aubergine: greenhouse
      Cucumber: depends on variety.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have successfully grown all outside in large pots in a very small north facing back garden!
        Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
        Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
        Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Squeek.
          I keep my aubergines in the conservatory as I don't think they would do well oudoors here. The courgettes are growing in a narrow bed with squash and beans and the cucumbers are outside in pots on a south facing wall. Hope it works out well for you.

Attached Files

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

How might one plant courgettes in a grow bag? will 2 fit in one bag?... is there anything i need to stake them with?

Comment

Originally posted by sqweek01 View Post
              HIya Guys & Girls,

...the courgettes are from seed & are in propagators in the shed at the moment. They're doing really well and I don't want to kill them off.
              Hi from another Clare and welcome to the Vine.

I can see that you have already had some good advice but I just wanted to add, don't forget to harden off your courgettes before you put them outside.
              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Hello Citygirl, yes you can plant 2 courgettes in a growbag and they don't need staked. They are naturally quite sprawly so just let them sprawl. Good luck.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

many thanks alice. when you say they're quite sprawling? i want to site them on a wall, it's about 2.5 - 3ft high, and has a small wooden trellis type fencing at the backside. it's *just* deep enough for the growbag.

will they be ok in that, d'ya think?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X