Blimey, another one!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blimey, another one!

Hello All, I haven't looked in for a few days, and there are loads of newbies since then!!

Well, here I am, another soul coming here for good advice with this friendly bunch - I've been 'lurking' for a while and only just got around to posting (I've 'bin trying to sort out a nice piccie for me title thingy, but as you can see I've not got that bit cracked yet!)

So, down to gardening details: I'm just starting to cultivate a veg plot, which a very, very, very (you get the picture!) kind friend has let me have - it's a field on their smallholding, so was long grass when I tackled it first off. I put black membrane down, with cardboard sandwiched underneath, and left it for almost a year, and then in Feb I started the digging and now have three 2mx8m beds - and big plans! I couldn't believe my luck, as the soil is great (it used to be a pig field, so hoping it's been well fertilised in the past!) and there doesn't seem to be any real nasties. Loads of mice, but we'll tackle that as we come to it....

Well, I've rambled enough for now, so I'll stop - an' look forward to all the advice that the good folk on the Vine can offer me in the future!
    Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Welcome and enjoy, I am!!
    Gosh great friends you have, very lucky!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Comment

Hi and welcome. Good old pigs - hope they aren't there now!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X