+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 23
Thread: where to get manure... for free
- 25-11-2006, 09:30 PM #1Seedling
- Join Date
- Nov 2006
- Northern Ireland
where to get manure... for free
Obviously I am aware of the actual source, however, I am cow, horse and chickenless. I am always reading about well rotted manure and dumping loads of it on the soil. Being of northern extraction, I don't want to shell out for it at a garden centre- do you just roll up to your nearest farmer and ask for a sack or two? What do other people do?
- 25-11-2006, 09:32 PM #2
We have a friendly farmer who delivers it for about £25 a load & it's some pile I can tell yountgNever be afraid to try something new.
Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
A large group of professionals built the Titanic
- 25-11-2006, 10:06 PM #3
My allotment society has an arrangement with a local farmer, but previously I have tried the 'yellow' free ads paper or local stables....stables are good for free manure as they are usually glad to get shot of the stuff! Happy hunting
- 25-11-2006, 10:19 PM #4My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)
Diversify & prosper!
- 26-11-2006, 08:18 AM #5
Most stables etc are happy for you to take it away for free. You ususally need to provide your own bags though, old compost bags are fine.Bright Blessings
If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.
- 26-11-2006, 02:57 PM #6
- 26-11-2006, 04:50 PM #7
- 26-11-2006, 04:52 PM #8
Hello RonT and welcome to the Vine! Round here in Lancashire there are a few folks who put up signs outside their houses saying they have pony poo for sale......do you have a free newspaper or local ads paper where someone may advertise? or perhaps you could advertise yourself? what about ringing the RSPCA? they may know someone who has a horse/pony poo for free? DexterdogBernie aka DDL
Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things
- By JimmerG in forum Allotment AdviceReplies: 3Last Post: 24-03-2013, 12:58 PM
- By pdblake in forum General chitchatReplies: 0Last Post: 17-09-2009, 04:06 PM
- By Novice Gardener in forum Digging AroundReplies: 11Last Post: 12-07-2009, 10:30 PM
- By snack a jack in forum General chitchatReplies: 7Last Post: 29-01-2009, 07:45 PM
- By Jameslovell in forum General chitchatReplies: 18Last Post: 10-11-2008, 05:35 PM