+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 30-03-2009, 08:00 PM #1Germinator
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
where can I get Bromophos or something else to kill off a plague of these bugs which are eating all my potatoes? Or is there an alternative?
- 31-03-2009, 02:15 AM #2Banned
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
- Petworth. West Sussex
What a opening question!....1st establish... Is it wireworm(worse on newly broken land) or millipedes?(orange ones difficult to control and not that bothersome)....or maybe even slugs?(usual culprit for holes)
Don't know about buying insecticides...most banned anyway.
I'll try the non chemical approach....more my style.
Leave carrots and spuds on the surface of the cleaned soil over winter/early spring....wireworm burrow in...collect them up and burn them. This combined with regular cultivation and the birds pecking about should keep numbers down.
or the biological control for slugs...I think I saw they have brought out a nematode for millipedes too....usually about £20 a pop though(you can buy a lot of spuds with that)...you water them on.
Last edited by Paulottie; 31-03-2009 at 02:16 AM.
- By Jenegade in forum Weeds, Pests and DiseasesReplies: 13Last Post: 26-04-2009, 01:22 PM
- By goldwolf in forum Weeds, Pests and DiseasesReplies: 0Last Post: 22-04-2008, 06:47 PM
- By maxine in forum Weeds, Pests and DiseasesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-08-2007, 09:34 PM
- By maxine in forum Weeds, Pests and DiseasesReplies: 9Last Post: 07-05-2006, 10:04 PM
- By daisy in forum Weeds, Pests and DiseasesReplies: 4Last Post: 30-11-2005, 11:15 AM