+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: Pinching out peppers?
- 21-04-2008, 11:56 AM #1
Pinching out peppers?
Do I or don't I ???
Joes long- should I pinch out the tip. One says one thing another says something different.
confused or what?
- 21-04-2008, 12:15 PM #2Sprouter
- Join Date
- Nov 2006
It's your call.
Pinching out will make the plant bushy which in theory will give you more pods. However, it will also slow down/check the rate of growth, so you're pods will probably take longer to form. Probably swings and roundabouts. If it's really tall and skinny then pinch it out. You've still got loads of summer to come so you have plenty of time to make it into a bigger plant by pinching it out.
- 21-04-2008, 12:31 PM #3
Pinched some of mine out yesterday so fingers crossed I've done the right thing for them. It's something I do some years but not others, depending on the spread / height of the plant.
Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.
Which one are you and is it how you want to be?
- 21-04-2008, 01:14 PM #4
Might just do half and half....in that case, a mini test!
- 21-04-2008, 02:26 PM #5
I never have but then I've only grown them twice - it never crossed my mind! D'oh!Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.
www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring
- By Nordmead in forum Vegging OutReplies: 5Last Post: 13-05-2010, 07:01 PM
- By newbieveggie in forum Vegging OutReplies: 8Last Post: 25-04-2009, 04:48 PM
- By Nickerly in forum New ShootsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-04-2009, 10:07 AM
- By queen of the cobs in forum Vegging OutReplies: 7Last Post: 26-06-2008, 01:25 PM
- By queen of the cobs in forum Vegging OutReplies: 13Last Post: 16-07-2007, 03:32 PM