+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: Mung beans and/or gungo peas?
- 21-05-2007, 06:50 PM #1
Mung beans and/or gungo peas?
Has anyone tried growing either of these? I left some to soak for too long and they sprouted, so I potted them up and they seem to be doing really well. But what sort of conditions will they need? Can I put them outside? Should I stake them like french beans?
- 19-06-2008, 11:24 AM #2
I started growing some mung beans on monday, left them to soak and then laid them out on a tray and left them in the dark. They seem to be sprouting nicely but going by the packet i think u leave them for a week like that and then they are ready to eat
What happened when you potted them up?
- 20-06-2008, 08:01 PM #3
My mum reckons the beans are poisonous - the sprouts are good, the beans are not. Is that true or just my mum?Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.
- 21-06-2008, 01:32 PM #4
No it's not true. Mung beans make a fantastic dahl.Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.
www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring
I left mine on a wet towel to sprout
- 22-06-2008, 07:00 PM #6
- 24-06-2008, 11:29 AM #7Sprouter
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- Putney south west london
hi, gungo peas eh? if i recall when i was in jamaica on holiday they're grown all over there and grew quite high and bushy. can't remember if they were staked though. i have dried beans here, i might try some!
- By The Gardener in forum Vegging OutReplies: 7Last Post: 16-04-2010, 01:42 AM
- By susiewoosie in forum New ShootsReplies: 25Last Post: 23-04-2009, 10:33 PM
- By mattfee15 in forum New ShootsReplies: 2Last Post: 26-06-2008, 09:02 AM
- By amandaandherveg in forum The Seed SwapReplies: 5Last Post: 30-04-2008, 03:26 PM
- By HeyWayne in forum Vegging OutReplies: 4Last Post: 13-11-2007, 08:52 AM